Solution: Data from Core Insurance applications running on AS/400 was replicated in real-time using IBM’s CDC technology on to an Operational Data Store (ODS). IBM’s Data Integration tool was used to process and transform the input data and subsequently populate the Star Schema defined in IBM Db2 warehouse. Key reports and KPI’s were developed in Cognos. Real time availability of data in a central place allowed the Actuarial users to build and test their models with very little effort.
- Real-time Visibility: Real-time availability of data from various source systems in ODS with implementation of purpose built data marts
- Revenue Growth:
- Improved tracking of key KPI’s like Revenue Per Policyholder, Average Cost Per Claim, Loss Ratio, Underwriting Speed.
- Implemented Key Predictive Models namely Persistency Report, Customer Churn, Campaign Analytics, Analytics to Predict Surrender
- Self-Service: Business Users able to generate their own reports
- Operations: Reduced IT intervention